Why should you stage your home? Well, to start, staged homes sell twice as fast as their non-staged counterparts. A National Association of Realtors Home Staging Profile showed that home staging increased the offer price by between 1% and 5%.
Home staging can make a powerful first impression on buyers and real estate agents alike. It is easier for prospective buyers to visualize the property as a future home, so staging a home helps it sell faster and for more money. Often, a home staging investment costs less than your listing’s first price reduction.
Home staging allows buyers to connect with a home. Home staging creates a warm and inviting atmosphere by accentuating your home’s best features and bringing them front and center. Emphasizing a home’s strengths while minimizing the weak points, home `staging enhances a home’s potential.
For all of the rooms in your home, as well as for your outdoor space: clean, declutter, and depersonalize. That includes removing family photos, refrigerator art, and paperwork. From there, we offer specific staging tips for high-priority rooms. The same NAR home staging report cited above listed the importance of staged rooms in the following order:
- Living Room
- Master Bedroom
- Dining Room
- Children’s Bedroom
- Guest Bedroom
The living room is the most important room for staging from the buyer’s perspective.
- If you have built-in bookshelves, accentuate their appeal by arranging neutral items in clusters rather than filling them with clutter. You’ll want potential buyers to focus on the built-in rather than focus on your personal items.
- If you have hardwood floors, cut out damaged boards and replace them with new pieces. Then, rent a sander from a hardware store and sand the hardwood floor. Finally, stain the boards with a rich color.
And for the second most important room in your home staging priorities, keep your master bedroom simple.
- Remove unnecessary furniture. You want your buyer to enter a room where they can relax and feel comfortable. Simplicity is best.
- If you add anything to the master bedroom, make it a headboard. Bringing luxury and elegance to your master bedroom, a headboard can add to the vision of grandeur.
- Invest in coordinated bedding and window treatments to create a color scheme.
Kitchen Cabinets: If your cabinets are dated, you can upgrade without replacing them.
- Paint or stain them, applying the stain in even strokes, going with the grain of the wood.
- Add stylish hardware
Kitchen Appliances: stainless steel is still all the rage for buyers
- Remove the front panels of the dishwasher
- Clean the panels
- Apply a stainless-steel stick-on covering and cut it to size
Kitchen Countertops: Granite countertops are a selling feature for homes.
- Demo yourself
- Ask a vendor for remnants
- Any expense will be a great return on your investment
Nothing brightens up a room like a fresh coat of paint. Keep the look uniform throughout your home.
Bathroom Walls: If your bathroom needs a lot of help, start with freshening up the walls, especially if they show signs of mold.
- Mix a spray bottle with one part water and one part bleach
- Spray the mixture on the walls to instantly remove signs of mold
- Paint the bathroom a neutral color
Bathroom Shower Door: If your bathroom shower door is no longer transparent, simply give it a scrub instead of replacing it.
- Mix one part muriatic acid and ten parts water
- Scrub your shower door with the mixture and with steel wool
- Wipe down the door and reinstall
Potential buyers will find the extraordinary aesthetics irresistible. Staging your home makes your job easier, and it helps sell your home faster and for a higher price. Home staging saves you time and makes you money.
New Abode Real Estate: Knowledge. Guidance. Collaboration.
Once you’ve decided on your home staging projects, New Abode can help you with the next steps in the selling process. Whether you are selling your staged home or your home in need of staging, New Abode can partner with you to find your buyer.
Our agents will…
- Take the time to get to know you and your home
- Share our knowledge about navigating the home selling process
- Connect with you to identify potential buyers
- Coordinate showings to easily accommodate your schedule
- Discuss with you the pros and cons of your offers to select the best fit for you
- Negotiate offers to get you favorable price and terms
Schedule your free consultation today!